Did you know that the Government is giving money to schools to help children from lower income families do their very best? This funding is called a ‘pupil premium’. Currently pupils eligible for this funding are also entitled to free school meals. From September 2014, all infant age pupils will be entitled to a free school meal. However it is really important that you still register.
We can use this money to support your child’s learning and also their wellbeing. This could include paying for additional classroom support but could also include helping with the cost of extracurricular activities such as trips and clubs.
If you think you qualify we urge you to register.
How do parents register their child’s entitlement for Pupil Premium?
Parents must apply via the County Council or their child’s school; this is a quick and simple process.
There is also a new online service, where you can check your own eligibility, or you can check on behalf of someone else.
The school office will help with this process too, just ask us.
To complete a check you will need the following information for yourself, or the person you are checking on behalf of:
- Name, home address and email address
- National Insurance Number or National Asylum Support Service reference number
- Child's name, date of birth and school
ALL REGISTRATIONS ARE CONFIDENTIAL AND IT WILL NOT AFFECT ANY OTHER BENEFITS YOU ARE CLAIMING.
You will be eligible if you are in receipt of one or more of the following benefits:-
- Income Support
- Income-based Job Seeker’s Allowance
- Income-related Employment and Support Allowance
- Support under Part VI of the Immigration and Asylum Act 1999
- The guaranteed element of Station Pension Credit
- Child Tax Credit, provided you are not also entitled to Working Tax Credit, and have an annual gross income, of no more than £16,190 as assessed by Her Majesty’s Revenue and Customs
- Working Tax Credit run-on – paid for 4 weeks after you stop qualifying for Working Tax Credit
- During the initial roll out of the benefit, Universal Credit